ONE PART OF A TWO-TOWER FACADE
At a height of 37 meters, the Owl Tower, which was completed around 1120, towers above the entire monastery grounds. At one point, it formed the northern half of a two-tower facade that, together with the galilee, once formed the western end of the of the Romanesque monastery church of St. Peter and Paul. Bells were housed in both towers. While the south tower was disassembled for stone in the 18th century, the north tower has survived to this day with almost no damage.